18.1.08

Attitudes of Gratitude

How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life

by M.J. Ryan

From the Foreword, by Sue Bender... Every morning, I read one page in each of four small "inspirational" books. The books change, but they always remind me that I am not alone, that there is a spirit larger than my immediate self-interest and concerns. I have added Attitudes of Gratitude to my morning reading list.

I didn't have a chance to flag this book (I could have flagged each one of the 60 small chapters!). This is a wonderful book to keep on hand - daily reading and gratitude practice are no doubt secrets to a happy life. Here is one of my favourite quotes from it:

If you look to others for fulfillment,
you will never truly be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money,
you will never be happy with yourself.
Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.
- Lao Tzu

No comments:

Gaping Void Goodness